4.1 What personal data do we process?
The type of personal data that SmartDok processes about you may be:
- Basic personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email and demographic information
- User and web traffic information such as login ID, username, and IP address
- Statistics that show how the users use our software and consume content we offer
- Financial information such as invoice-related information
- Content you have uploaded or provided such as photos, comments, articles and videos
- Information provided through job applications
- Location information is used to verify time and location on photos taken. It is also used for sharing work task location within your company.
4.2 How is personal data collected?
In general, SmartDok collects personal data directly from you or other persons linked to our Customer, your employer/school. If the Customer purchases SmartDok products or services via a SmartDok partner company, we may collect information about you from the partner company.
4.3 Why do we process personal data?
This Privacy Statement applies when SmartDok process your personal data for various purposes when you interact with us, such as:
Buy and deliver
- Facilitate customer orders, agreements, payments
- Offer services directly to you, such as e-learning, webinars, reports, etc.
- Provide requested offers on products and services to Customers
- Create and facilitate accounts for users of our services
Support and improvement of services
- Improve and develop the quality, functionality and user experience of our products
- Offer customer support of our products and services
- Operate user communities to educate and enable interaction between users and SmartDok
- Detect, mitigate and prevent security threats and abuse, and perform maintenance and debugging
- Manage and send marketing preferences and content
- Create interest profiles in order to promote relevant products and services (profiling)
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and language. We use this for support and development reasons.
- Feedback. To improve our service (we constantly strive to improve our service based on information & feedback we receive from you)
- Manage recruitment processes and process job applications
- Evaluate submitted documentation, conduct interviews and call references
Information regarding how personal data is processed in one of our many services is outlined in the respective data processing agreement for that service. SmartDok does in such cases act as a data processor and processes the data on behalf of and according to instructions given by the Customer. For more information regarding this, please contact customer support for that specific service.
4.4 What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We process data based on several legal grounds.
Agreement with you
We process your personal data on the basis of a legal binding contract with you. This will typically be when you apply for a job in SmartDok. Processing your personal data such as CV, application and references is necessary for SmartDok to handle jobseekers requests before a contract is entered into.
SmartDok might process your personal data based on consent. You will always be able to withdraw your consent, after you have given the consent. This is used when collecting feedback on the product.
SmartDok has a legitimate interest when we process your data for security, support, marketing, analysing and improvement purposes. Your personal data is processed from a business perspective in a manner that we believe does not conflict with your privacy rights or freedoms.
Read more about how SmartDok processes your personal data for marketing purposes based on legitimate interest and your rights when we process your personal data for such purposes under section 4.9 below.
4.5 How is your personal data shared?
As SmartDok is a part of Visma, which consists of many different subsidiaries, it is important for us that we provide the best possible overall experience for you. In order to maintain an overview and insight, SmartDok may share your personal data across companies in the Visma Group.
SmartDok may also share your personal data with external third parties in the following contexts:
SmartDok may share your personal information with our partners in the event this is legitimate from a business perspective and according to applicable privacy legislation.
The police and other authorities may request access to personal information from SmartDok. In these cases, SmartDok will only provide the data if there is a court order etc. to do so.
4.6 Use of processors
When using processors, SmartDok will enter into a data processing agreement in order to safeguard your privacy rights. If processors are located outside the EU/EEA, SmartDok ensures legal grounds for such international transfers on your behalf, hereunder by using the EU Model Clauses.
You are always welcome to request an overview and more detailed information on SmartDok’s processors. For how to contact SmartDok, please see the last section of this statement.
4.7 How long is your data stored?
SmartDok will only store your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing, but in most cases never longer than 3 years since your last registered activity.
Your personal data may be subject to different retention policies based on the type of data and the purpose of collecting it. For further information regarding deletion, feel free to contact SmartDok (see contact information in the last section of this statement).
4.8 What are your rights?
You can invoke the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of personal data we process about you.
- Rectification. You also have the right to request SmartDok to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you. If you have an account with SmartDok, this can usually be done through the appropriate “your account” or “your profile” sections on the applicable SmartDok Site or service.
- Deletion. You can request SmartDok to delete personal data relating to you.
- Restriction. You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Portability. You may ask us to provide you or others with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Object. On grounds relating to your particular situation, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interests or in the exercise of official authority or based on legitimate interests.
Please note that there may be certain exceptions or limitations to the abovementioned rights which could apply depending on the specific circumstances of your situation. In such cases, we will provide you with detailed information about the applicable exception or limitation and help you exercise your rights to the fullest extent possible, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to file requests as mentioned in this section.
Finally, you also have a right to file a complaint to the data protection authorities with regards to our processing of your personal data.
4.9 Marketing and profiling
As part of using the application, SmartDok will be processing your personal data based on legitimate interest. One of SmartDok’s legitimate interests is the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
SmartDok uses your personal data to provide relevant content to you through direct marketing on social media platforms and emails, webpages or in a SmartDok service, based on your preferences. The personal data processed are aggregated details about you such as IP address, interests (where you have clicked, etc.), username and device. This is done through technologies like cookies and is called profiling. SmartDok will also be able to combine this information with information about the customer relationship we may have with your company.
SmartDok uses email as a tool to communicate marketing, however only if you have consented in accordance with national marketing legislation (if needed). If you have consented, you will always have the possibility to opt out as described below, or when you receive an email containing marketing.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from SmartDok and be subject to profiling. You can do this by either:
(a) Following the instructions for opt-out in the relevant marketing communication
(b) Changing preferences under the relevant edit account section if you have an account with SmartDok
(c) Contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com
Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from SmartDok, such as order confirmations and notifications necessary to manage your account or the services provided to Customers.