DVS Entreprenør has a strong focus on health, environment and safety (HSEQ), and the opportunity to share and collaborate on documents with other people or teams involved in the project, regardless of where they are located, has been important to the company. This makes it easier to communicate and collaborate on safety procedures and protocols, which can help reduce the risk of accidents and other incidents.
– We have received a huge boost in our HSE work after adopting SmartDok, says Morten.
– Having the HSE handbook digital and available via mobile is gold. It is continuously updated with new routines, and documentation is thus available on all units at the same time.
– Previously, we printed this out in A5 format, and not something that fit into anyone’s pockets exactly. After all, they were more or less out of date the moment they came out of the printing house, so we have done a job in HSEQ there – which SmartDok has helped us with.
Also within KS, DVS Entreprenør has improved communication after adopting the document center and image documentation in SmartDok.
– As the saying goes, pictures are worth more than 1,000 words, and our KS work has really benefited from this.
Morten gives a good example of how you can see the quality of the work via pictures.
– With photo documentation, the project managers are able to keep up to date on what the guys are doing and what they are good at. As managers, we don’t always see what is being done, but via the pictures the workers send in of work done, we understand that we are dealing with highly skilled craftsmen, says a proud Morten.
– Photo documentation is a very good tool according to potential complaints.
Morten would also like to add that by using electronic crew lists in SmartDok, you have an overview of everyone who is in the workplace at all times.
– It is extremely important for us to have an overview of who is inside the work area at all times. It is actually an important part of the HSE work!